WPA & New Deal
Museums & Libraries
Civic Buildings

Style: Spanish-Pueblo Revival

Clayton Public Library

Northeast Region

Constructed 1939

The former Clayton Library, now known as the D.D. Monroe Civic Building, was built by the WPA in 1939 in the Pueblo-Revival style. The building was designed by Willard C. Kruger. It served as the public library until the 1980s when the library moved to a new building and the space became a meeting facility. It is currently closed. -- Source "Clayton Public Library - Clayton, New Mexico," Waymarking.com

116 Walnut St. | Clayton, NM 88415
Map it

closed

VISIT THIS WEBSITE

VISIT OUR LOCAL PROGRAM:
clayton mainstreet

Tags: Historic Library, WPA, Clayton