Style: Classical Revival
Douglas Sixth Street Historic District
An entire new city was platted between the Gallinas River and the Railroad in East Las Vegas after 1879. The two towns East Las Vegas and West Las Vegas would remain separate municipalities until consolidation in 1970. The commercial district of East Las Vegas was centered on the intersection at Sixth Street and Douglas Avenue, where the Duncan Opera House, Masonic Temple and Crockett Block business block were located. Nearby were the YMCA building and City Hall. Early Italianate buildings popular in the 1880s gave way to more magnificent stone monuments built in Romanesque Revival and Mission Revival styles. The Douglas Sixth Street district maintains an ambience of early Twentieth Century prosperity.
Douglas Avenue and Sixth Streets, Grand Avenue | Las Vegas, NM 87701 | 505-425-8803
mon: 24/7 | tue: 24/7 | wed: 24/7 | thu: 24/7 | fri: 24/7 | sat: 24/7 | sun: 24/7